Week 12: Bossfight +Shopkeeper

Hello everyone! For our 10th yokai, we decided to go for a boss-battle. Takiyasha hime is a sorceress princess who raised an army of yokais;

7b93ea1115e18f98dabd88ae03e7606b

Next up I worked on a shopkeeper for our 2nd shop;

shop2

Lastly I made some more scrolls for the UI so as to have some diversity:

Marianne Peeters

Advertisements

Week 11 Combat Overhaul

Hello everyone,

This week I worked a lot on the combat mechanics and the general flow of the game, I changed a lot of the original formula so its still a bit wonky, please bear with it.

Now enemies spawn with an random color palette and one random Kanji out of our own Kanji library,  that changes on successfully drawing the Kanji  also depending on how good you draw the Kanji there will be a different Particle Effect.

gp2team6prod6

Kind regards

-Thomas

Week 11: Overpaint & More enemies

This week I started off doing a quick over-paint of Angie’s shopkeeper to make it match with the artstyle of the enemies more. It was mostly just adding an outline. (Top = Original, bottom = reworked version)

tex2

I brightened up some of the dungeon textures & also added an outline to them to make them match.(Left = original, Right = reworked)

tex

I finished up 2 more enemies, each with 3 animations again;

Since there was some trouble with bitbucket overrides, I also had to re-animate the main menu again.

Marianne Peeters

Week 10: Map Generator Implementation

The generation has been implemented into the main project. The player movement,  enemy spawn system and the general dungeon game play elements have been linked to it and most bugs have been fixed. The corridors should no longer create any dead ends and the player will always have at least one exit and one entrance to a dungeon.
All that remains now is to decorate the map and make sure the lighting gets done right.

[Pictures]

Week 10: Mobile Version Troubles + Particles Effects

Hello everyone,

This week I worked mostly  on some bug fixes and porting some stuff to the Android mobile version. I had some problems with that some of my Shaders did not work correctly in Android and that the movement is not doing as intended, also there were some slight problems with some Particle Effects.

For the combat I made some small Particle Effects to indicate a hit or miss. They are still very simple but I think they do their purpose for now.

particlesystem

Kind regards,

Thomas Beck

Week 9: Map Generator Meshes

I continued working on the map generator by implementing a mesh loader to decorate the maps. Walls and corners are spawned on obstacle tiles depending on surrounding movable tiles. This makes sure that obstacle tiles will not spawn in unnecessary meshes if the player never comes across them. Ceilings, floors and details are spawned on movable tiles.
I worked mostly with temporary meshes and materials for now.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 

For the rest of the week I plan to finish and hopefully insert the generator in the main project. This will include some updates to the corridor generation to make sure no dead ends, or parts of the map that are cut off from the player are created, and I will also load in more detail meshes.

Week 9: Dungeon Texturing, Loot models, Kanji selection

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Here are the textures I made for the dungeon last week. I also modelled a few props you can receive as loot. I made a Kanji selection pdf so everyone can add and edit their own kanji (the ones they think are appropriate).

screenshot-161

Next week I’ll be decorating the environment, finish the UI of the shops I had started and work on more loot props.