Final Updates

In the final week I updated the UI for most of the scenes and finished implementing the UI for the shopkeepers.
We ended up deciding to turn the third shopkeeper into a tutorial. She holds pages describing the controls and mechanics of the game play in and out the dungeon.
Besides that I made final changes to the Dungeon UI, including a way to pick the size of potion you want to use.
Other than that I did mostly bug fixing and finalising the map decoration.

Advertisements

Week 13 – 15

Due to exams I didn’t get too many opportunities to make any more posts so here’s  a short summation.
I updated the decoration of the dungeon so we can now also work with decals to break up the tiled textures of the walls.
I started implementing the code behind the shops in the hub scene and also updated the UI there so that now the player can choose the size, difficulty and kanji lesson when they enter a new dungeon.

w14_setupscreen_scrsht
Furthermore I am adding a saving function. The game will be restricted to one save but there will probably be a reset option in the future.

 

Week 10: Map Generator Implementation

The generation has been implemented into the main project. The player movement,  enemy spawn system and the general dungeon game play elements have been linked to it and most bugs have been fixed. The corridors should no longer create any dead ends and the player will always have at least one exit and one entrance to a dungeon.
All that remains now is to decorate the map and make sure the lighting gets done right.

[Pictures]

Week 9: Map Generator Meshes

I continued working on the map generator by implementing a mesh loader to decorate the maps. Walls and corners are spawned on obstacle tiles depending on surrounding movable tiles. This makes sure that obstacle tiles will not spawn in unnecessary meshes if the player never comes across them. Ceilings, floors and details are spawned on movable tiles.
I worked mostly with temporary meshes and materials for now.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

 

For the rest of the week I plan to finish and hopefully insert the generator in the main project. This will include some updates to the corridor generation to make sure no dead ends, or parts of the map that are cut off from the player are created, and I will also load in more detail meshes.

Week 9: Dungeon Texturing, Loot models, Kanji selection

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Here are the textures I made for the dungeon last week. I also modelled a few props you can receive as loot. I made a Kanji selection pdf so everyone can add and edit their own kanji (the ones they think are appropriate).

screenshot-161

Next week I’ll be decorating the environment, finish the UI of the shops I had started and work on more loot props.

Week 8: Map Generation

For this week I worked on the map generator. I did this outside our project as it would conflict too much with the current systems. For now the generator creates a path from  each of the entrances of the map. These paths will change direction depending on the corner chance variable set at the start and will go on until the max length for a path is reached. after that a room is created at the end, one of the tiles from that room gets picked as the next starting point and a new path continues from there.
Now I will start implementing the modular meshes into the generation and I will make the algorithm a bit less random to make the layouts more interesting.

This slideshow requires JavaScript.

Bug Fixing + Mobile Version

Hello everyone,

A small update from my site, since my last update not that much was finished.

I fixed  some small bugs of the Kanji recognition plus some extra functionalities. Aswell to that we are working on a port to  the current status of the game on Android, we are still struggling a bit with that but we are hoping to get a  build with all current functionalitiess working by next week.

Kind regards,

Thomas